Contributor I

Jammers

Hi Guys,

I've been experiencing some issues with a couple of devices (non 802.11) that jam the RF, one of those devices is the Plantronics CT12 wireless phones. I've read on the internet that those phones are really a headache as they can hop through channels constantly.

I would like to know if there is a way to detect this noise floor using the Aruba gear. And how can we solve this type of issue, without dropping the non-802.11 devices or the APs.

Regards,

Erick Müller
Aruba Employee

Re: Jammers

You might want to look in to Interference Immunity in your 802.11g radio profile. But, I would suggest you contact TAC first.
Guru Elite

Noise Floor and Interference

Hi Guys,

I've been experiencing some issues with a couple of devices (non 802.11) that jam the RF, one of those devices is the Plantronics CT12 wireless phones. I've read on the internet that those phones are really a headache as they can hop through channels constantly.

I would like to know if there is a way to detect this noise floor using the Aruba gear. And how can we solve this type of issue, without dropping the non-802.11 devices or the APs.

Regards,

Erick Müller

There is probably no reliable way to have those phones co-exist with any wireless infrastructure. If you check Amazon.com's user comments on those phones, users trying to avoid interference have had a great deal of difficulty, with some of them figuring out how temporarily and others giving up on their wireless or the phones themselves. You cannot configure the channels that the phones operate on, so you cannot predict where the interference will occur. Since wireless clients' natural tendency is to back off whenever they see errored frames or "Noise", they will suffer the most in this scenario.

Aruba does have a feature called "interference immunity", where the access point would be "deaf" to certain levels of noise. It is designed for interference that you cannot control that just happens to show up in your environment. With the interfering cordless phones in the same user space as the wireless clients, it greatly limits what this feature can do. If you contact support, they can best advise you if to even use this feature and what setting to put it on.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Re: Jammers

I've had lots of issues with PIRs blocking out some of the g channels, suggest you consider using 11a as its much less busy and less interferance.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: