Wireless and RF

Frequent Contributor II

Question: Re Max EIRP

As I understand it, Max EIRP is the maximum TX Power setting for an access point.
When I look at the setting for this on my controller I can choose a value which ranges from 3 to 127 yet when I look at the status of my access points in the monitoring/access points window, the table shows all my access points with a MaxEIRP of 23.5

If the MAX is set to 127 in the profile, should this not be what I am seeing from the monitoring/access points window on the controller.

Can someone explain to me how this EIRP/MaxEIRP relationship actually works?

Thanks.
Guru Elite

Re: Question: Re Max EIRP

As I understand it, Max EIRP is the maximum TX Power setting for an access point.
When I look at the setting for this on my controller I can choose a value which ranges from 3 to 127 yet when I look at the status of my access points in the monitoring/access points window, the table shows all my access points with a MaxEIRP of 23.5

If the MAX is set to 127 in the profile, should this not be what I am seeing from the monitoring/access points window on the controller.

Can someone explain to me how this EIRP/MaxEIRP relationship actually works?

Thanks.

The monitoring page will show the MaxEIRP possible for that specific access point in your regulatory domain, as well as what is being output at the time. The 127 setting represents the literal maximum for whatever access point is connected and it will be different depending on the capability of that access point and what we are allowed output those channels in your regulatory domain. In that access point you are looking at, it is 23.5. The ARM settings do represent a range of what can be output, but the monitoring page shows what is ACTUALLY output.... if that makes sense.... ;)

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Thanks Colin for that answer I get it now. :)
My next question is this. Hypothetically speaking, If one was trying to design a WLAN in which the AP's would on average run at 50% of their MAXEIRP, the best way to achieve this would be to deploy enough APs to allow ARM to adjust the power to the desired rate correct?

Guru Elite

Thanks Colin for that answer I get it now. :)
My next question is this. Hypothetically speaking, If one was trying to design a WLAN in which the AP's would on average run at 50% of their MAXEIRP, the best way to achieve this would be to deploy enough APs to allow ARM to adjust the power to the desired rate correct?

Hypothetically, yes. You should just plan for coverage and ARM will figure out the rest.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: