Wireless and RF

Contributor I

Wireless RF impedence

Hey all!

Happy friday! I have a general question about technology. Lemme break down what I am trying to accomplish so you have some back ground.

I am looking at doing a Site Survey which requires testing signal with the AP's about 20 feet in the air. I was thinking about acquiring a telescopic or somehow extendable pole that will allow me to get that sucker up that high.

When I'm looking at a pole that length, or really any pole to be honest, they're made of aluminum. What I am wondering is this pole going to impede with wireless signal comin' out of the AP?

Thanks in advance! Have a great weekend!
Guru Elite

Re: Wireless RF impedence

Please see the setup here: https://www.cwnp.com/cwnp_wifi_blog/site-survey-rigs

Yes it is a Cisco access point that the survey is being done with, the same principle should apply for all.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

That's a great start. Thanks a lot, man.
Aruba

Wireless RF impedence

Adam,

If you can mount the standard AP125 mounting bracket to an "L" bracket that connects to the painters stick then you have an easily attached/detached rig.

I can loan you a painting stick I have used for these type of activities in the past if you want btw ;)
Contributor I

The question is, Jason....just how big is your pole?
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: