Wireless and RF

Wireless g performance

Hi, I am using aruba ap 125's and 3200 controllers. We are having a issues with the g spectrum.
5< clients latency 2ms-10ms. As more clients connect the latency becomes 500ms +.

The a/n spectrum at the same time works fine.

Would this be a interferance issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

jason
Regular Contributor I

Re: Wireless g performance

Do you have 802.11b clients hitting the G-2.4 GHz? B Radios can really bog down a wireless network because of wait times.

RE: wireless g performance

Hi, no all clients are g. I opened a ticket with aruba. By removing and re adding the connection rates in the ssid profile fixed the problem, but aruba tac has no explanation to why?

jason
Guru Elite

Traffic Patterns, Broadcasts, Wired and Wireless Clients in same VLAN

Does this degradation occur at a particular time? Are wired and wireless clients in the same layer 2 vlan? Are you using broadcast filter-all or broadcast filter-arp to reduce traffic and delays? Is there any interference in the area? what types of clients are these?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

No particular time. Wireless users are on a different vlan than wired. I seems to be specific with g on a mini_notebook. No interference. I tried the broadcast/arp settings.
The more clients 10 - 20 causes latency 500ms > to time outs.

Aruba 3200 controller and ap125's

Other remote sites do not have this issue with the same hardware, but the ssid profile being used is site wide?

thx jason
Guru Elite

All clients

Do ALL clients have that issue, or just a single type of client has problems with ping. Try it with different clients, or to get to the bottom of it, you should get a packet capture on the channel of that access point when it is happening. That will give you a much better idea of what is causing the issue.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Hi, how would I go about taking a packet-capture on a specific channel? Ethereal on the client?

thx jason

Another quick thing to look at with an easy test is to disable power save on the client running the ping test. PSP polling REALLY affects the results from the ping tests...the more clients, the greater the effect seen.

Edit: if there's not a setting in the nic configuration options, look for anything talking about battery save or conservation, etc. For the test, we just want to disable power-save polling...
Jerrod Howard
Sr. Technical Marketing Engineer
Occasional Contributor II

for a pcap you can set up an AP as airmonitor and do the capture. I assume you are using G-HT with ap 125.I guess you might be having interference in 40 Mhz channels. Is it stable if you turn off Wireless N in G band ?

Hi, I have ad G-HT turned off since installation.

thx jason
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: