Wireless and RF

MVP

patterns of integrated antenna AP's?

Are antenna patterns of the integrated antennas available anywhere?

We have a customer trying to provide coverage to his warehouse with AP61's mounted to the ceiling (10-15m high!) and I'm guessing their 'doughnuts' are floating above their heads but I can't find the patterns that show this anywhere.

Does anyone know how high above the coverage area an (in this case) AP61 can be mounted?
Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Guru Elite

Re: patterns of integrated antenna AP's?

There are no antenna patterns for the legacy access points, but I can guarantee you that the AP61 will not function at that height. He should either use the AP60 or AP92 with external antennas (which we have patterns for), or the AP105 which can service clients at that height.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

How does the AP105 support this height? It doesn't emit a doughnut shape then I suppose? What does it emit? Any patterns of it?

Guru Elite

The datasheet for the AP105 has a pattern: http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/DS_AP105.pdf

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Thanks for the info

And in my defense: the customer has such good experience with Aruba always working without much thought that they figured the AP61 could do all without checking with us first :P

And fyi: AP61 does work this high.. still good enough coverage on the floor for my pc.. just not for their scanners ;)

Guru Elite

That brings up an interesting point. Sometimes you will do a survey with a laptop to verify coverage for a handheld and the laptop will show enough coverage, but the handheld will NOT function. Very important to test the handheld AND add in a "fade margin" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fade_margin to your survey software to show the correct coverage. A bidirectional survey, where not only do you measure how well the client sees the AP, but how well the AP sees the client is crucial, especially for warehouse deployments where the client cannot transmit as far.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: