Search the Community
- ClearPass Recipe Review
- ClearPass Recipe Submission
- Admin Tool - Assign Role in Bulk
- Admin Tool - User Search
- CWNP Conf 2015
- Airheads Conference Vegas 2015
- Wlan Pro Conference 2015
- Airheads Conference Shanghai 2014
- WLAN Pro Conf EU 2014
- CWNP Conference 2014 (Sep 22 - 24)
- Airheads Local 2014
- Wireless Field Day 7 (Aug 6-8, 2014)
- Black Hat 2014 Contest
- Airheads EMEA Italy 2014 (June 9 - 13)
- Americas Airheads Conference 2014
- WLAN Professionals Summit 2014
- Airheads Roadshow 2013
- EMEA Airheads Conference 2013
- APJ Airheads Conference 2013
- Americas Airheads Conference 2013
- Americas Airheads Conference 2012
- APJ Airheads Conference 2012
- EMEA Airheads Conference 2012
- Airheads EMEA 2012 Contest: How to Enter - Contest Terms & Conditions
- Airheads EMEA 2012 Contest: Create your Entry to Win Here!
- Airheads Conferences Prior to 2012
- Americas Airheads Local Events 2012
- EMEA Airheads Local Events 2012
- Wireless Field Day 3 @ Aruba Networks
- Wireless Tech Field Day 2- Silicon Valley
- Wi-Fi Mobility Symposium- San Jose, CA USA
- SDN Apps
Hi Rob, Thank you for your comment, but I opened a case to the TAC and they helped me to f...
Thank you for your comment, but I opened a case to the TAC and they helped me to find the solution. Basically I had to enable AMON, data are not being correctly collected only with SNMP. They sent me this additional reading that I share here if someone else have the same problem:
Discovery won't pick up unknown device types. You can add those devices manually from Device ...
Discovery won't pick up unknown device types. You can add those devices manually from Device Setup -> Add. Use router/switch or universal network devices. The router/switch profile tries to get ports if they come from standard ARP/CDP table. Universal network device will poll the standard MIB-II OIDs.
Hi, Airwave default retain 30 days of AppRF data, in AMP Setup> General >Historical ...
Airwave default retain 30 days of AppRF data, in AMP Setup> General >Historical page>
AppRF Data Retention Interval (1-30 days):
We could check the historical data on Home>AppRF page for 2hours, one day, one week, two weeks and also we could sort based on date.
We could also run AppRF report from Reports>Definition page.
If my post addresses, your query give kudos:)
Get around/reset the GRUB password: Yes, you need to boot from a Live Distro, or mou...
Get around/reset the GRUB password:
Yes, you need to boot from a Live Distro, or mount the disk with another VM. Knppoix/Ubuntu/Backtrack are what I typically have on hand. If you use Ubunut make sure you use "Try without Installing" / Try Ubuntu and don't install over your AMP server
- Shutdown the AirWave VM
- Add CD ROM to VM, and mount ISO to CD ROM.
- Edit VM Options, Boot Options, Force BIOS setup
- Boot the AirWave VM
- In the vm BIOS got right to the Boot option
- Hightlight the CD-ROM option, and ++ to move it above Hard Drive
- Exit, Save Changes, Yes
- If Ubuntu use "Try Ubuntu" Option
- open terminal
- sudo fdisk -l to find the boot partition
- sudo mount /dev/sda2 /mnt
- sudo nano /mnt/grub/grub.conf
- delete the line that starts with password
- save file
- umount /mnt
While you're here go ahead and re-enable root login.
Find the LVM to mount
- sudo pvs
- sudo lvdisplay /dev/VolGroup00
- sudo mount /dev/VolGroup00/Log/Vol00 /mnt
Change passwd file:
- sudo nano /mnt/etc/passwd
- change the root from nologon to /bin/bash
You can also change the ampadmin login over to a terminal rather than going directly into the "imporved" user interface.
Go to the bottom of the file and change /user/local/airwave/bin/ampcli to /bin/bash
- sudo umount /mnt
Shut the system down
Edit the VM setting to disconnect the CDROM and boot into AirWave.
Hi mholden, after the amp is upgraded do not log of. Before you close the cli make the fol...
after the amp is upgraded do not log of. Before you close the cli make the following change.
change the file : /etc/passwd
change the first line to: root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash
safe the file and you can still login to the airwave with your root user
karlos, It is the total combine session time of all devices of that sepcific vendor type. ...
It is the total combine session time of all devices of that sepcific vendor type.
If you have 2 Apple vendor type devices did two sessions each iand overall 4 session, each sesson for 1 hr, so overall session total time for apple vendor device is 4hrs.
I've had a remote session on the customers Airwave device and sorted it out. The cert had been uplo...
I've had a remote session on the customers Airwave device and sorted it out. The cert had been uploaded into the store as "Public cert" instead of "Server cert" so it is now available in the drop-down list for the group.