Search the Community
- ClearPass Recipe Review
- ClearPass Recipe Submission
- Admin Tool - Assign Role in Bulk
- Admin Tool - User Search
- CWNP Conf 2015
- Airheads Conference Vegas 2015
- Wlan Pro Conference 2015
- Airheads Conference Shanghai 2014
- WLAN Pro Conf EU 2014
- CWNP Conference 2014 (Sep 22 - 24)
- Airheads Local 2014
- Wireless Field Day 7 (Aug 6-8, 2014)
- Black Hat 2014 Contest
- Airheads EMEA Italy 2014 (June 9 - 13)
- Americas Airheads Conference 2014
- WLAN Professionals Summit 2014
- Airheads Roadshow 2013
- EMEA Airheads Conference 2013
- APJ Airheads Conference 2013
- Americas Airheads Conference 2013
- Americas Airheads Conference 2012
- APJ Airheads Conference 2012
- EMEA Airheads Conference 2012
- Airheads EMEA 2012 Contest: How to Enter - Contest Terms & Conditions
- Airheads EMEA 2012 Contest: Create your Entry to Win Here!
- Airheads Conferences Prior to 2012
- Americas Airheads Local Events 2012
- EMEA Airheads Local Events 2012
- Wireless Field Day 3 @ Aruba Networks
- Wireless Tech Field Day 2- Silicon Valley
- Wi-Fi Mobility Symposium- San Jose, CA USA
Hello, Network Protector is not going to be the right solution for this problem. Network Pro...
Network Protector is not going to be the right solution for this problem. Network Protector is designed to listen to client side DNS requests from a controlled network and filter those DNS requests against the TippingPoint RepDV security database.
Since the scanning behavior described is initiated from the Internet, Network Protector would not be able to see the initial DNS requests and thus not be able to provide any protection, visibility or mitigation.
You are correct that Network Protector cannot automatically filter on every individual IP...
You are correct that Network Protector cannot automatically filter on every individual IP session and protects using DNS information. Today, we would expect that the Firewall/IPS would catch this malicious behavior you've described. (Manual IP Address filtering can be added using the ACL Manager feature)
Network Protector is designed to augment the Firewall/IPS and provide additional filtering and mitigation at the client access edge of the network. This significantly reduces the amount of malicious traffic that reaches the Firewall/IPS at the Internet edge.