Search the Community
- Global Forums
- Airheads Channel Group - UK and Ireland
- Airheads Channel Group (German speaking)
- Airheads Channel Group - France
- Airheads Channel Groep – Nederland
- Airheads Channel Group - Italy
- Airheads Channel Group - Taiwan
- Airheads Channel Group - Singapore
- Airheads Channel Group - Malaysia
- Airheads Channel Group – Norway
- Airheads Channel Group South Africa
- Airheads Channel Group Bechtle
- Airheads Channel Group - Denmark
- Aruba Support KBs
- Community KBs
- ClearPass Exchange Recipes
- Aruba Support Documentation
- Software Downloads
- Knowledge Base
- ClearPass Recipe Review
- ClearPass Recipe Submission
- Admin Tool - Assign Role in Bulk
- Admin Tool - User Search
- CWNP Conf 2015
- Airheads Conference Vegas 2015
- Wlan Pro Conference 2015
- Airheads Conference Shanghai 2014
- WLAN Pro Conf EU 2014
- CWNP Conference 2014 (Sep 22 - 24)
- Airheads Local 2014
- Wireless Field Day 7 (Aug 6-8, 2014)
- Black Hat 2014 Contest
- Airheads EMEA Italy 2014 (June 9 - 13)
- Americas Airheads Conference 2014
- WLAN Professionals Summit 2014
- Airheads Roadshow 2013
- EMEA Airheads Conference 2013
- APJ Airheads Conference 2013
- Americas Airheads Conference 2013
- Americas Airheads Conference 2012
- APJ Airheads Conference 2012
- EMEA Airheads Conference 2012
- Airheads EMEA 2012 Contest: How to Enter - Contest Terms & Conditions
- Airheads EMEA 2012 Contest: Create your Entry to Win Here!
- Airheads Conferences Prior to 2012
- Americas Airheads Local Events 2012
- EMEA Airheads Local Events 2012
- Wireless Field Day 3 @ Aruba Networks
- Wireless Tech Field Day 2- Silicon Valley
- Wi-Fi Mobility Symposium- San Jose, CA USA
- SDN Apps
- Connector Translation Testing area
This document describes the Aruba Instant access point and Virtual Controller system as well as the procedure to integrate this system with AirWave. This section contains the following points:
l "Overview of Aruba Instant" on page 5
l "Instant Management with AirWave" on page 5
l "Using Aruba Instant with AirWave" on page 6
l "AMP Pages with Instant-Specific Features" on page 7
l "Supported Firmware" on page 8
Overview of Aruba Instant Aruba Instant:
(Instant) is a system of access points per Layer 2 subnet. Aruba Instant IAPs are controlled by a single IAP that serves a dual role as a primary Virtual Controller, eliminating the need for dedicated controller hardware. This system can be deployed through a simplified setup process appropriate for smaller organizations, or for multiple geographically dispersed locations without an on-site administrator. Only the first IAP/Virtual Controller you add to the network must be configured; the subsequent IAPs will all inherit the necessary configuration information from the Virtual Controller. Aruba Instant continually monitors the network to determine the IAP that should function as the Virtual Controller at any time, and the Virtual Controller will move from IAP to IAP as necessary without impacting network performance. The Virtual Controller technology in Aruba Instant is capable of IAP auto discovery, 802.1X authentication, role-based and device-based policy enforcement, rogue detection, and Adaptive Radio Management (ARM).
Thank you for choosing AirWave 8.0. AirWave makes it easy and efficient to manage your wireless network by combining industry-leading functionality with an intuitive user interface, enabling network administrators and helpdesk staff to support and control even the largest wireless networks in the world.
This document describes resolved issues, new and changed features, and known issues in AirWave 188.8.131.52 and previous releases
- Find more articles tagged with:
This document is designed as a reference for installing AirWave 8.0 using the CentOS software bundled with the .iso disc image.
This guide covers the deployment of Aruba remote access points (RAP) in fixed telecommuter and micro branch office sites, and it is considered part of the base designs guides within the VRD core technologies series. This guide covers the design recommendations for remote network deployment and it explains the various configurations needed to implement a secure, high-performance virtual branch office (VBN) solution with Aruba RAPs.
Congratulations on successfully installing AirWave 8.0! So where do you go from here? This document is designed to help you with your initial setup. It also provides information on common configuration options and daily monitoring practices. Refer to the following sections:
l "Initial Setup" on page 5
"Common Configuration Options" on page 17
l "Monitoring Practices" on page 25
Initial Setup AirWave 8.0 initial setup consists of creating folders and groups, discovering and adding devices, and defining credentials for devices that communicate with AMP. Refer to the following sections for additional information.
l "How Do I Add Devices?" on page 5
l "Discovering New Devices" on page 7
l "How are Folders and Groups Organized?" on page 12
l "How Do I Define New Users and Roles?" on page 13
l "How Do I Define Credentials for Devices that Communicate with AMP?" on page 14
l "I Have a Mismatch. What Do I Do?" on page 15
ArubaOS is the operating system, software suite, and application engine that operates Aruba mobility controllers and centralizes control over the entire mobile environment. The ArubaOS wizards, command-line interface (CLI), and the ArubaOS Web UI are the primary means used to configure and deploy ArubaOS. For a complete description of ArubaOS, refer to the ArubaOS User Guide for your release.
This document provides best practices for leveraging AirWave to monitor and manage your Aruba infrastructure. Aruba wireless infrastructure provides a wealth of functionality such as firewall, VPN, remote AP, IDS, IPS, and ARM, as well as an abundance of statistical information.
Hi! is there any new version of the document "AirWave 8.0 Server Sizing Guide" since we are...Hi! is there any new version of the document "AirWave 8.0 Server Sizing Guide" since we are currently in version 8.0.11 and this document is from November 2014. https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=14101 We would like to get from Aruba the recommended HW for an Airport with 22Million PAX per year. BR, Tomaz.
Hi Tomaz, The hardware sizing guide is gloabal to any 8.0.x release. However, if we would...
The hardware sizing guide is gloabal to any 8.0.x release. However, if we would like to break down based on enviroment and get the spec i can help you with that. Please drop me an email so that i could sent you couple of question to understand your enviroment and suggest the spec.
You can email me on email@example.com