Search the Community
- Global Forums
- Airheads Channel Group - UK and Ireland
- Airheads Channel Group (German speaking)
- Airheads Channel Group - France
- Airheads Channel Groep – Nederland
- Airheads Channel Group - Italy
- Airheads Channel Group - Taiwan
- Airheads Channel Group - Singapore
- Airheads Channel Group - Malaysia
- Airheads Channel Group – Norway
- Airheads Channel Group South Africa
- Airheads Channel Group Bechtle
- Aruba Support KBs
- Community KBs
- ClearPass Exchange Recipes
- Aruba Support Documentation
- Software Downloads
- Knowledge Base
- ClearPass Recipe Review
- ClearPass Recipe Submission
- Admin Tool - Assign Role in Bulk
- Admin Tool - User Search
- CWNP Conf 2015
- Airheads Conference Vegas 2015
- Wlan Pro Conference 2015
- Airheads Conference Shanghai 2014
- WLAN Pro Conf EU 2014
- CWNP Conference 2014 (Sep 22 - 24)
- Airheads Local 2014
- Wireless Field Day 7 (Aug 6-8, 2014)
- Black Hat 2014 Contest
- Airheads EMEA Italy 2014 (June 9 - 13)
- Americas Airheads Conference 2014
- WLAN Professionals Summit 2014
- Airheads Roadshow 2013
- EMEA Airheads Conference 2013
- APJ Airheads Conference 2013
- Americas Airheads Conference 2013
- Americas Airheads Conference 2012
- APJ Airheads Conference 2012
- EMEA Airheads Conference 2012
- Airheads EMEA 2012 Contest: How to Enter - Contest Terms & Conditions
- Airheads EMEA 2012 Contest: Create your Entry to Win Here!
- Airheads Conferences Prior to 2012
- Americas Airheads Local Events 2012
- EMEA Airheads Local Events 2012
- Wireless Field Day 3 @ Aruba Networks
- Wireless Tech Field Day 2- Silicon Valley
- Wi-Fi Mobility Symposium- San Jose, CA USA
- SDN Apps
- Connector Translation Testing area
This document describes the Aruba Instant access point and Virtual Controller system as well as the procedure to integrate this system with AirWave. This section contains the following points:
l "Overview of Aruba Instant" on page 5
l "Instant Management with AirWave" on page 5
l "Using Aruba Instant with AirWave" on page 6
l "AMP Pages with Instant-Specific Features" on page 7
l "Supported Firmware" on page 8
Overview of Aruba Instant Aruba Instant:
(Instant) is a system of access points per Layer 2 subnet. Aruba Instant IAPs are controlled by a single IAP that serves a dual role as a primary Virtual Controller, eliminating the need for dedicated controller hardware. This system can be deployed through a simplified setup process appropriate for smaller organizations, or for multiple geographically dispersed locations without an on-site administrator. Only the first IAP/Virtual Controller you add to the network must be configured; the subsequent IAPs will all inherit the necessary configuration information from the Virtual Controller. Aruba Instant continually monitors the network to determine the IAP that should function as the Virtual Controller at any time, and the Virtual Controller will move from IAP to IAP as necessary without impacting network performance. The Virtual Controller technology in Aruba Instant is capable of IAP auto discovery, 802.1X authentication, role-based and device-based policy enforcement, rogue detection, and Adaptive Radio Management (ARM).
This guide covers the deployment of Aruba remote access points (RAP) in fixed telecommuter and micro branch office sites, and it is considered part of the base designs guides within the VRD core technologies series. This guide covers the design recommendations for remote network deployment and it explains the various configurations needed to implement a secure, high-performance virtual branch office (VBN) solution with Aruba RAPs.
ArubaOS is the operating system, software suite, and application engine that operates Aruba mobility controllers and centralizes control over the entire mobile environment. The ArubaOS wizards, command-line interface (CLI), and the ArubaOS Web UI are the primary means used to configure and deploy ArubaOS. For a complete description of ArubaOS, refer to the ArubaOS User Guide for your release.
- Find more articles tagged with:
Thank you for choosing AirWave 8.0. AirWave makes it easy and efficient to manage your wireless network by combining industry-leading functionality with an intuitive user interface, enabling network administrators and helpdesk staff to support and control even the largest wireless networks in the world.
This guide covers Aruba Mobility Controllers and is considered part of the foundation guides within the VRD core technologies series. This guide will help you understand the capabilities and options you have when deploying an Aruba Mobility Controller. This guide describes operating modes for the mobility controller, licensing, forwarding modes, logical and physical deployment, redundancy, and how to select the appropriate mobility controller based on scalability requirements. Version 9 includes information on the 7200 series controller.
...controller which are end of life/sale. I wounder if there is someone working on a newer version that...
This is a great document and all the VRDs are. My comment is this one document has the 600 series controller which are end of life/sale. I wounder if there is someone working on a newer version that replaces them with 700 series?
Point-to-point (PTP) wireless connections have many use cases including linking buildings on university campus, creating connections between offshore oil rigs, and eliminating the need to pull fiber cable between buildings on opposite sides of a busy road. This guide will help you select the right hardware platform (including both the AOS-based AP-175 and Aruba¹s new AirMesh products; Choose appropriate antennas and accessories; Identify and overcome some of the most common outdoor installation challenges; Set up and configure the Aruba solution.
The AirWave Management Client™ (AMC) is a Windows software utility that enables a client device, like a laptop, to act as a passive RF sensor and augment the AirWave Wireless Management Suite’s (AWMS) Rogue Access Point Intrusion Detection System (RAPIDS) module. The AirWave Management Client can improve both wireless network security and performance.
- Find more articles tagged with: