Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

Re: Certificate - "securelogin.arubanetworks.com"

Firefox still let me into the controller by adding a security exception.

I bought a SSL-certificate at GoDaddy and uploaded it to the controller. I also uploaded the intermediate cert, just to be sure. Also, I set the WebUI cert to the cert I just uploaded.

Aruba VIA seems to be working well again now.

Good thing the RAPs weren't affected. Would have been a big disaster today. Also, I guess we were lucky that VIA connected when it shouldn't instead of not connecting when it should.

Re: Certificate - "securelogin.arubanetworks.com"

In the case you cannot get a public certificate on short term, or just use the web-based management on the controller, TAC has released the following article on how to generate a self-signed certificate: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/Generate-self-signed-certificate-with-OpenSSL/ta-p/275357

If you have an Airwave server, you can use that one to run the OpenSSL commands; most Linux based servers have OpenSSL installed by default as well.

If you use captive portal authentication (either internal, or external captive portals like ClearPass), you probably want to get a public HTTPS certificate for your controllers.

Please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC if you need advice.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: