Security

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

license.msg.errAuthCountExceed.Onboard

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  license.msg.errAuthCountExceed.Onboard

Posted Nov 26, 2015 11:02 PM

We are receiving the error license.msg.errAuthCountExceed.Onboard, we have removed certificates but the system still will not allow connections. Any way to get it to reset?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: license.msg.errAuthCountExceed.Onboard

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 26, 2015 11:56 PM

Where are you seeing the error message?

Go to Administration> Server Manager> Licensing to see how many licenses are actually consumed.

• 3.  RE: license.msg.errAuthCountExceed.Onboard

Posted Nov 27, 2015 12:24 AM

policy manager 500 total, 402 used

onboard 500 total 500 used

we deleted licenses down to 499 but the counts won't update until midnight at the earliest and we can't vpn in right now - not good for a global vpn solution.

• 4.  RE: license.msg.errAuthCountExceed.Onboard

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 27, 2015 12:34 AM

Did you revoke the certificate or did you delete the certificate?  Revoking the certificate does not change the license count. 

You should go to Home >> Onboard » Management and Control » Usage Usage to see the true licensing count.

• 5.  RE: license.msg.errAuthCountExceed.Onboard

Posted Nov 27, 2015 12:36 AM

both, revoked, then deleted - or maybe they just deleted them today -they definetly are not out on the server any longer

• 6.  RE: license.msg.errAuthCountExceed.Onboard

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 27, 2015 12:41 AM

Maybe or definitely?  What does the licensing count page say?

• 7.  RE: license.msg.errAuthCountExceed.Onboard

Posted Nov 27, 2015 12:45 AM

500/402

onboard 500/500

But I have 499 certificates

• 8.  RE: license.msg.errAuthCountExceed.Onboard

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 27, 2015 12:51 AM

Please contact TAC and see what they can do.  I am not aware of why you have that issue, but there must be an explanation or solution and that starts with TAC.

• 9.  RE: license.msg.errAuthCountExceed.Onboard

Posted Nov 27, 2015 01:00 AM

Thank you Colin - I'm on the phone with them now - just wanted to see if anybody out there had seen anything similar - I have them stumped on to why this is not working.

Thanks again - you are awesome!!

• 10.  RE: license.msg.errAuthCountExceed.Onboard
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 27, 2015 04:08 AM
    The lic count should update at the cron job at night. I'll double check with engineering

• 11.  RE: license.msg.errAuthCountExceed.Onboard

Posted Dec 02, 2015 11:19 AM

Apparently the error message will persist for up to 1 month (not good in my book) So it makes it more difficult to check when you have an issue and when you have it resolved. Apparently you have to check the License section (which is updated nightly), the current count on Certificates in Onboard (which for me shows more certs than the licensing page)

All in all very confusing to try to resolve the error message - but it does stick around after you have cleared up the license total/used issue