Does Instant APs support BLE Asset Tracking?
Which version of Aruba Instant supports BLE Asset Tracking?
Starting from Instant 22.214.171.124, IAPs can monitor BLE asset tags to track the location of time-sensitive, high-value assets embedded with BLE tags.
BLE tags are located through the following steps
1. IAP beacons scan the network for BLE tags.
2. When a tag is detected, the IAP beacon sends information about the tag to the IAP, including the MAC address and RSSI of the tag. This data is maintained in a list by the BLE daemon process on the IAP.
3. The list of tags is sent from the BLE daemon process on the IAP to the BLE relay process on the IAP.
4. The IAP opens a secure WebSocket connection with the designated WebSocket endpoint on the management server, such as the Meridian editor.
5. After receiving the list of tags from the IAP, the management server calculates the location of each tag by triangulating the tag’s RSSI data on a floor plan.
Note: Each BLE tag must be heard by at least three IAP beacons for triangulation.
Debug and show commands
Execute the following command in the CLI to view the list of BLE tags discovered and reported by the IAP.
(Instant AP)# show ap debug ble-table assettags
Execute the following command in the CLI to manage BLE tag reporting and logging.
(Instant AP) (config)# ble_relay mgmt-server type ws <ws-endpoint>
Execute the following commands in the CLI to view BLE tag data:
(Instant AP)# show ap debug ble-relay tag-report
(Instant AP)# show ap debug ble-relay disp-attr
(Instant AP)# show ap debug ble-relay ws-log