On HPE IMC software, after adding a device, the below error is noticed under the Alarm page.
Switch model: HPE Provision/Procurve/Aruba OS switch
Description: Error occurred when accessing the MIB on device <device-name>
- We have verified the Telnet/SSH access configuration and it is working fine.
- We have verified the SNMP v3 configuration on the non-working switch and working switch which is identical.
- Ran debug commands on the non-working switch and the responds are being sent to the IMC server.
- Captured packet trace via Wireshark on windows server running IMC while performing snmp bulk get to the non-working device.
- From the packet capture we found that IMC is getting snmp response from another IP address configured on the same switch rather than same IP.
Configure source IP for snmp-agent same as IP of device discovered on IMC resolved the issue
- Configured the below command on HPE Provision/ProCurve/Aruba OS switch:
- snmp-server response-source dst-ip-of-request