Pradeep provided an overview of the top-5 requirements that a WLAN infrsatructure needs to satisfy to enable reliable Wi-Fi experience for latest generation of mobile applications. Here is a quick summary of that list. For details, please take a look at the presentation attached and the video recording.
#1 Need to allow for any device
– Awareness of mobile device characteristics is critical
#2 Need to ensure network security
– Awareness of mobile device type, owner, OS is critical
#3 Need to maximize airtime for each device
– Not every band, channel, radio, client are created equal
#4 Need to clear the air from unnecessary traffic
– Broadcast, multicast and P2P flows can be optimized
#5 Need to deliver QoS to individual mobile apps
– Dynamic identification of mobile apps is a must
You can continue the conversation at our Mobile Devices and Applications forum.
Thanks for tuning in!
Attachments062612 WiFi Network Design for Mobile Apps.pdf