HPE IMC - Device config backup task is successful but new config file not saved
About HPE IMC Configuration Backup:
- HPE IMC software allows backup of device running configuration and startup configuration backup
- It also allows manual backup and auto backup plans which can be scheduled daily, weekly or monthly
- The configuration backup will be saved to the backup path configured. Default configuration backup path is:
- C:\Program Files\iMC/server/data/cfgbak
- If you perform manual backup or have configured auto backup plan, the configuration backup is saved to the above path.
- However, subsequent backup task is completed successfully but the new config backup is not found under the backup folder.
A new Configuration file will not be saved:
- This is not an issue on IMC, this is working normally
- If DEBUG logs are collected for configuration backup, the below information is noticed:
[DEBUG (0)] [THREAD(1296)] [CCfgFileRestoreTask::processDeviceBackupCompleted()] Delete current config file:10.23.225.13_startup_20200225002452.cfg which is same as last file :10.23.225.13_startup_20200225002138.cfg
IMC does not save the new file as the configuration is matching with the last backup taken