Question: Does a weatherproof connector for the AP-85TX RJ-45 connector ship with the unit?
Product and Software: This article applies to the AP-85 family of access points.
The AP-85 ships with a kit that allows a weatherproof assembly of the Ethernet cable and connector.
To weatherproof and connect an RJ-45-terminated Cat 5e or better cable to an AP-85, follow these steps with the kit that shipped with your unit:
1) Slide the cap over the terminated cable.
2) Slide the rubber grommet over the terminated cable.
3) Slide the connector shell over the terminated cable.
4) Slide the washer over the terminated cable.
5) Insert the rubber grommet into the top of the connector shell until the top surface of the grommet is flush with the top edge of the connector shell.
6) Connect the terminated cable to the proper port:
7) Screw the connector shell onto the interface on the AP-85.
8) Screw the cap onto the connector shell.
Note: Add weatherproof sealing tape around the Ethernet port and antenna connectors for extra protection. If moisture enters a connector, it can cause degradation in performance or even a complete failure of the link.
At Aruba, we believe that the most dynamic customer experiences happen at the Edge. Our mission is to deliver innovative solutions that harness data at the Edge to drive powerful business outcomes.
© Copyright 2020 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LPAll Rights Reserved.