Question: How do I configure the BlackBerry 8320 for 802.1x authentication?
Product and Software: This article applies to all Aruba controllers and ArubaOS versions.
A certificate must be installed on the BlackBerry phone for the 802.1x to work, because it needs to validate the server certificate. If the termination is enabled on the controller, make sure that the Equifax certificate is selected to validate the server certificate. Or, install the certificate issued by the local CA.
To import the certificate to your BlackBerry 8320 phone:
1) Connect the phone using the USB cable and start your BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
2) If you have not already installed the certificates, click Download the Certificates for Securewireless.
3) Click Synchronize Certificates.
4) Enter your root key password, which is a password that you created when you first started this application. Click Ok.
5) Under Intermediate Certificates and Root Certificates, check the box next to the installed certificate in the Certificate Label column. Click Synchronize.
To configure your BlackBerry for Securewireless:
1) Click the BlackBerry applications button and scroll to Set Up Wi-Fi.
2) Select Manually Add Wi-Fi Network.
3) Type in Securewireless and click Add.
4) At Security Type, select PEAP and enter your Central Login Credentials for Securewireless. Add the certificate that you installed earlier as the CA certificate, and click Connect.
5) Select Yes to save profile, and click Next.
6) Click Finish.
At Aruba, we believe that the most dynamic customer experiences happen at the Edge. Our mission is to deliver innovative solutions that harness data at the Edge to drive powerful business outcomes.
© Copyright 2020 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LPAll Rights Reserved.