Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central - Extremely sluggish

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central - Extremely sluggish

Posted May 11, 2017 03:12 AM

I'm doing a sanity check here. Am I the only one who thinks the Central portal is unbelievably slow and sluggish?

I cannot find any record of anyone else complaining over this, so I have to ask. So far using Central for 2+ months, it has always been a slow CPU hog on the browsers.

I can just forget running it in Firefox as it will inevitably crash, so I have conformed to only using IE where it kinda works but is still slow.

I am running Central in MSP mode, and switching between customers takes at least 20-30 seconds just for jumping between portals.

This is too far behind in terms of performance from a technology company.

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central - Extremely sluggish

Posted May 18, 2017 08:57 AM

I agree. It's incredibly slow. Due to this we've actually decided to manage our instant clusters locally instead. We're missing out on lots of features. But managing the clusters through the Central portal is unbearable due to the slowness.

Any feedback from Aruba regarding this?

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central - Extremely sluggish

Posted May 18, 2017 09:42 AM

That's "great" to hear other people are having the same experiences. i would love some feedback from Aruba on this.

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central - Extremely sluggish

Posted Oct 05, 2020 03:10 PM

After 2.5.2 it is extremely Sluggish. Please someone suggest how can we build it on premise. 

• 5.  RE: Aruba Central - Extremely sluggish

Posted Aug 12, 2022 08:29 AM
    At August 2022 Aruba Central has version 2.5.5 and has been moved to HPE Greenlake,
    but I still have slow pages refresh, slow tables completition (if I have a list of 100 APs the table takes tens of seconds to list all of them)

Tried with Firefox, Chrome and with different ISP WAN.

Is it the same for you?

Thank you for your comparison

• 6.  RE: Aruba Central - Extremely sluggish

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 13, 2022 08:24 PM
    I always use Chrome incognito mode and is not slow at all to list the APs.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.
    ------------------------------

• 7.  RE: Aruba Central - Extremely sluggish

Posted Aug 17, 2022 06:14 AM

Hi, Thank you Ariyap !

Please could you make a test also in the following menu: 
    Group/device - Config-Mode -  

When I move from a tab (eg. System o Services) to the Access Points the list of APs takes 5 seconds, sometimes 10 or more seconds to appear.
    It happens in different groups, also in a group of just 3 APs.

Thank you