Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 515 IAP Running 8.6.0.6 Rebooting as AP on a Stick for Survey, No Eth

This thread has been viewed 34 times
  • 1.  Aruba 515 IAP Running 8.6.0.6 Rebooting as AP on a Stick for Survey, No Eth

Posted Oct 01, 2020 03:23 PM

Having trouble keeping the 515 running IAP mode from rebooting when using it as a AP on a stick for surveying. I have found some older 6.5 documentation but nothing specific to the 8.x version of the GUI. Some of the settings do not match.

Can someone point me in the direction to keep the AP from rebooting without an uplink. We use the AP to broadcast an SSID on both 2.4/5GHz bands connected to a PoE injector on a battery. About 10 minutes in the AP reloads.

Thanks,

Chris

• 2.  RE: Aruba 515 IAP Running 8.6.0.6 Rebooting as AP on a Stick for Survey, No Eth

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 01, 2020 03:27 PM

I would try with a 8.7 code on that AP and test again.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 515 IAP Running 8.6.0.6 Rebooting as AP on a Stick for Survey, No Eth

Posted Oct 01, 2020 03:43 PM

I was trying to match our production code. Do you feel there is a code issue with 8.6.x. I will try 8.7.1.0.

• 4.  RE: Aruba 515 IAP Running 8.6.0.6 Rebooting as AP on a Stick for Survey, No Eth

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 01, 2020 07:47 PM

@ccalhoun wrote:

Having trouble keeping the 515 running IAP mode from rebooting when using it as a AP on a stick for surveying. I have found some older 6.5 documentation but nothing specific to the 8.x version of the GUI. Some of the settings do not match.

Can someone point me in the direction to keep the AP from rebooting without an uplink. We use the AP to broadcast an SSID on both 2.4/5GHz bands connected to a PoE injector on a battery. About 10 minutes in the AP reloads.

Thanks,

Chris

- Convert to Standalone

- Try the advice here:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/AP-367-to-work-without-uplink/m-p/418992/highlight/true#M80261

• 5.  RE: Aruba 515 IAP Running 8.6.0.6 Rebooting as AP on a Stick for Survey, No Eth

Posted Oct 02, 2020 08:56 AM

5.png24.pngI have also tried 8.7.1.0. The AP is/has been configured for standalone mode through the maintenance section. It does not seem to reboot now however I have tried setting the OOS to disabled on all 4 options and still seem to have the SSID disable after 30 seconds with the uplink disconnected.

I must be missing something or not understanding how the OOS work.

Thanks,

Chris

• 6.  RE: Aruba 515 IAP Running 8.6.0.6 Rebooting as AP on a Stick for Survey, No Eth

MVP
    Posted Feb 22, 2023 04:51 AM

No doubt too late to help you, but here's my 2c.

•  give AP fixed IP address
    • convert AP to standalone
    • for 6Ghz, configure a wpa3 opmode on the SSID
    • out-of-service primary-uplink-down enable - this needs to be ENABLE..  read this as ENABLE the SSID when the out-of-service metric primary-uplink is down. I will not admit, EVER, how long is took me to realize this needed to be enable instead of disable. I configured this through CLI for clarity.
    • configure AP uplink as enforce ethernet and no preemption
    • configure AP radio with as administrator assigned channel and power setting

• 7.  RE: Aruba 515 IAP Running 8.6.0.6 Rebooting as AP on a Stick for Survey, No Eth

Posted Oct 06, 2021 09:03 AM
    Hello,
    I have the same issue with code 8.6.0.14...
    Does anyone have this working without rebooting with version 8.6 or 8.7?

------------------------------
    LPG
    ------------------------------