Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP/AirWave 'mismatches'

This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  IAP/AirWave 'mismatches'

Posted Mar 31, 2020 08:08 AM

I've been trying to understand the 'mismatch' notification in AirWave for some time. I have to say it doesn't really make much sense to me. I'm not sure where AMP is getting the 'desired' configuration from that it wants to push to the IAPs, but since we're not configuring the IAPs from AirWave, maybe it's really not an issue. 

For example, I just took a look at three random IAPs from one of our schools - the mismatch is that we have given the IAPs a hostname that's meaningful in our environment (basically, the building and room number), but AMP's 'desired' configuration for the hostname is the IAP's MAC address. Doesn't seem very practical to me.

Again, this may not be an issue, but it is a source of some annoyance and could be confusing to users who don't look at AirWave every day like I do. Is there a way to hide that category in the web UI?

• 2.  RE: IAP/AirWave 'mismatches'

Posted Mar 31, 2020 08:34 AM

"Mismatch" mean IAP cluster configuration and existing AMP configuration not same. due to you might change the configuration from the Instant dashboard. (You can fetch new configuration from Instant and fix mismatch issue)

• 3.  RE: IAP/AirWave 'mismatches'

Posted Nov 30, 2020 10:32 AM
    I am running airwave 8.2.10.1 and when I try to fetch a new template there are no devices to choose from to fetch.   how do I get it to fetch the current config as I do make changed from the instant and not from airwave.

------------------------------
    Dave Abels

• 4.  RE: IAP/AirWave 'mismatches'

Posted Dec 04, 2020 05:34 PM
    How are you managing the iAP configuration? One of the key benefits of Airwave is the ability to manage them, as well as to monitor and not mismatched etc.
    To have a mismatch, Airwave must already have a template in place - probably imported from the first iAP you put into the group.
    If the differences are things like iAP name and virtial-controller IP address etc., try going to the 'manage' panel for the mismatched iAP and enter the correct data in the fields.
    Whether this works will depend on how the template in use was generated.

Good luck, and bring us bac some specifics if you still need help.

--Matthew

If I have in some way helped, please click the KUDOS button