Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Expert: IAP-VPN via VMC with Aruba Central - Custom Certificate Issue

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Expert: IAP-VPN via VMC with Aruba Central - Custom Certificate Issue

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Dec 04, 2019 04:52 PM

Hi Experts, i need your expertise!

As we all known a VMC virtual controller dont have a TPM security chip like a hardware controllers does have. To connect a RAP or IAP-VPN to a VMC a custom certificate must be deployed manually. ArubaOS 8.2.0.0 is minumum needed to achieve this. esupport write a nice article about this on the airheads forum, link.

Some ways to get this work are:

• Deploy a CAP and re-provision it as RAP wiche will install the server certificate on the RAP.
    • An IAP-VPN can be scripted through activate.arubanetworks.com to install the server certificate.

Now my question, i run a IAP-VPN cluster managed via Aruba Central. In global settings i can install an custom server certificate and ca-root certificate. But i cant find a option how to use this certificate for the IPSEC VPN connection instead of the Aruba-Default certificate.

• 2.  RE: Expert: IAP-VPN via VMC with Aruba Central - Custom Certificate Issue

Posted Nov 15, 2021 11:00 AM

Did you ever work this out? I weem to have hit the same obstacle although I'm trying VPN from an IAP to a third party VPN concentrator.

But it always tries to authenticate with the TPM built-in certificate.

------------------------------
    Tue Madsen
    ------------------------------