Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Aruba Instant Wi-Fi: Meet the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set-up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget.
Expand all | Collapse all

how do I get Seamless Wireless Connectivity

• 1.  how do I get Seamless Wireless Connectivity

Posted Jul 22, 2020 02:08 PM

I need some help please; I cannot get seamless wireless networking in my warehouse. I have eighteen  IAP 515 and the overlap very well.

The AP's are run as a basic standalone cluster and does not interact with a Mobility controller or Aruba Central. I have mobile scanners which drops off from the Wireless net work network when the need to switch access points. All laptops work as I can see the mobility trace but not but no Boyd devices. Fast roaming is activated on the SSID with protocol 802.11r, 802.11k, 802.11v I cannot activate Oppertunistic Key Caching as it doesn't use Raduis for Authentication.

What should i do, I thought of setting the Wireless up as mesh but mesh is only for Wireless extensions.

All my AP's are clasified as Indoor AP's.

Any ideas will be highly appreciated

• 2.  RE: how do I get Seamless Wireless Connectivity

Posted Jul 23, 2020 08:06 PM

How far apart and how high are your access points mounted?

What is the transmit power on those access points on the band that serves the mobile clients? 

• 3.  RE: how do I get Seamless Wireless Connectivity

Posted Jul 30, 2020 02:45 PM

Thank you cjoseph for your reply.

The power is sufficient and the access points are not higher than 14 meters and also no more than 20 meters apart. 

The issue I have is with the handheld scanners it is hand held RF scanners (RF scan gun) and I fear that the Cypherlab scanner struggles to to adhere to the 802.11r roaming protocol and cant understand the hand over or mobility protocols. Ever come across that 

• 4.  RE: how do I get Seamless Wireless Connectivity

Posted Jul 30, 2020 04:50 PM

Older devices could have problems with 802.11r, yes...

• 5.  RE: how do I get Seamless Wireless Connectivity

Posted 24 days ago
    You might check the barcode scanner's wireless driver to make sure that it can obey the roaming protocols.
    Many older drivers don't understand or implement them.

You may have a problem similar to what we've found with Summit drivers - specifically they only roam when they want to, rather than when the cluster wants them to. We've had to reduce signal strength to get them to roam in our warehouses.

------------------------------
    --Matthew

If I have in some way helped, please click the KUDOS button
    ------------------------------