Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to access Virtual Controller AP over wireless in a VLAN network

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  Unable to access Virtual Controller AP over wireless in a VLAN network

Posted May 12, 2021 10:11 AM

I have a collection of AP-303 access points in Instant mode (I have also attempted this with IAP-205/7's with the same luck), that I am unable to access the GUI when connecting over an SSID on the cluster. I can access it from the same VLAN when wired. I have configured (and converted to a tagged VLAN to test) Uplink switch is configured to have the management network (VLAN 10) in Native VLAN (untagged on trunk port) mode

VLAN config (VLAN 10 & 200 exist as both wireless and wired options in network, 250 only exists in an access form via the WiFi, and does not have access to the management network via firewall policy):
    10 - Management Network (10.10.10.x/24)
    200 - Employee Network (10.10.200.x/24
    250 - Guest Network (192.168.0.x/24)

Works (wired):
    From VLAN 200 to VLAN 10
    From VLAN 10 to VLAN 10

Doesn't work (wired, created a port on switch on this VLAN for testing purposes):
    From VLAN 250 to VLAN 10 (completely expected behavior, just putting it here for complete documentation

Doesn't work (wireless):
    From VLAN 200 to VLAN 10
    From VLAN 10 to VLAN 10 (I built a temporary SSID to put me directly on the management VLAN to ensure it's not a firewall problem).
    From VLAN 250 to VLAN 10 (completely expected behavior, just putting it here for complete documentation)

Any ideas?

------------------------------
    Michael Overholser

• 2.  RE: Unable to access Virtual Controller AP over wireless in a VLAN network

Posted Sep 28, 2021 03:12 AM
    Anything?

Michael Overholser

• 3.  RE: Unable to access Virtual Controller AP over wireless in a VLAN network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2021 04:56 AM
    That is strange behavior. Would expect it to work, but it's hard to tell the issue based on this information. Switch, and IAP configuration, and a network diagram would help. Can you work with your Aruba partner or Aruba Support?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.