Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Aruba Instant Wi-Fi: Meet the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set-up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget.

Unable to access Virtual Controller AP over wireless in a VLAN network

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Unable to access Virtual Controller AP over wireless in a VLAN network

Posted May 12, 2021 10:11 AM

I have a collection of AP-303 access points in Instant mode (I have also attempted this with IAP-205/7's with the same luck), that I am unable to access the GUI when connecting over an SSID on the cluster. I can access it from the same VLAN when wired. I have configured (and removed to test) Uplink switch native VLAN to be the management VLAN (VLAN 10)

VLAN config (VLAN 10 & 200 exist as both wireless and wired options in network, 250 only exists in an access form via the WiFi, and does not have access to the management network via firewall policy):
    10 - Management Network (10.10.10.x/24)
    200 - Employee Network (10.10.200.x/24
    250 - Guest Network (192.168.0.x/24)

Works (wired):
    From VLAN 200 to VLAN 10
    From VLAN 10 to VLAN 10

Doesn't work (wired, created a port on switch on this VLAN for testing purposes):
    From VLAN 250 to VLAN 10 (completely expected behavior, just putting it here for complete documentation

Doesn't work (wireless):
    From VLAN 200 to VLAN 10
    From VLAN 10 to VLAN 10 (I built a temporary SSID to put me directly on the management VLAN to ensure it's not a firewall problem).
    From VLAN 250 to VLAN 10 (completely expected behavior, just putting it here for complete documentation

Any ideas?

------------------------------
    Michael Overholser
    ------------------------------