Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Issues with connectivity issues with IAP 225 Cluster

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Issues with connectivity issues with IAP 225 Cluster

Posted Sep 08, 2021 03:40 PM
    I have a cluster with 115 APs, mostly 225s, and a few outdoor 275 and 277s on firmware 8.3.0.16.  This is a school environment, and this school year, only in this school, I am randomly having classrooms dropping wireless and can't reconnect.  The student chromebooks start spinning trying to connect to the wireless network.  I have had teachers on laptops look connected, but get no internet, but can still get to random sites such as Youtube.  
    At times, if I walk in the room, my phone and device will not connect, other times I can, all while the student chromebooks still not connecting.  If I take the chromebook to another room down the hall, it will connect.  

I have had an open ticket with TAC, and all the logs they see, the network looks good to them.  We have run looked at the Cisco switches for DDoS attacks potentially, or just spikes in network traffic, but everything looks good on that end as well.  Wired devices are unaffected.  

Anyone have similar issues?

Thanks,
    Gil

------------------------------
    Gil Navarro

• 2.  RE: Issues with connectivity issues with IAP 225 Cluster

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2021 06:05 AM
    One remark is that the 8.3 firmware is end-of-life, but if TAC did not recommend upgrading, you can ask them if it would be a good next step.

Also, if the logs and network seem good from TAC perspective, but it still doesn't work, ask them to escalate the issue and perform troubleshooting on specific devices that show issues, where it would be really helpful if you can find a way to replicate the issue reliably (which sometimes is hard with intermittent issues). Before you ask for escalation, it makes sense to be on the latest firmware release of a supported firmware version and see if the issue may have been resolved.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Issues with connectivity issues with IAP 225 Cluster

Posted Sep 09, 2021 11:27 AM
    So far I haven't had luck with 8.6.x.x.  When I installed that in a couple small schools with IAP 305s, every two hours I would have to reboot the cluster because nothing would authenticate in Clearpass.  I installed an 8.6.x.x conservative version on this High School with the intermittent issues, and same thing happened so I went back to 8.3.0.16.  
    I did turn off client match, and changed the airtime fairness mode to 'preferred access'.  I'm waiting to see how that goes.

Gil Navarro