Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

View Inactivity Timeout of a client

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  View Inactivity Timeout of a client

Posted Nov 10, 2020 11:32 PM
    Hi.

I have an IAP environment which is managed by AirWave. I'm looking for a way to see the "Inactivity timeout" count of a client. I'd like to see how long a client has been inactive for, specially for clients that are no longer connected to the network, and when they are due to be deauthed.

Is there an IAP log or somewhere in AirWave that I can see this?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: View Inactivity Timeout of a client

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 12, 2020 07:33 AM
    Hi,

in AirWave you have a "last seen" Field:

Cheers

• 3.  RE: View Inactivity Timeout of a client
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 12, 2020 07:37 AM
    So, you can use the command 'inactivity-ap-timeout <seconds>' to configure the timeout interval for inactive user sessions.
    The command 'show clients debug' will also show the configured inactivity timeout however it does not decrease once the client has left/is inactive.

You can confirm when a client has left the BSSID with the 'show log user' command and look for the 'recv_sta_offline' from here you can see the timestamp and review this against your inactivity timeout.

Dec 13 13:24:42 cli[6086]: <541004> <WARN> |AP XXXXXXXX@172.16.1.2 cli| recv_sta_offline: receive station msg, mac-YYYYYYYYY bssid-ZZZZZZZZ essid-iap-test timestamp-1544707482-156635.

The inactivity time also completed and removed the client after 1000 seconds (default).

Dec 13 13:41:31 cli[6086]: <541023> <WARN> |AP XXXXXXXX@172.16.1.2 cli| swarm_timer_handler,14756: del client YYYYYYYYY, client count 0.

------------------------------
    Craig Syme
    ------------------------------