Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Can an IAP 205H be reset so that it can be used with a controller?

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Can an IAP 205H be reset so that it can be used with a controller?

Posted Oct 22, 2021 11:21 AM

I'm looking to replace my AP103Hs so that I can upgrade off of 8.3. Since this upgrade is well before our usual refresh cycle (we have 212 really old APs -- 105s and 135s -- that desperately need refreshing), and this refresh of 125 much newer APs is out of sequence and out of budget, we need to do it as cheaply as possible, and I have been looking at used equipment on ebay, and I've been looking at the 205H since we already have 68 of those. It's ebay, and what's available comes and goes, of course, and at the moment there is a large lot of IAP205Hs and no large lots of AP205Hs. If we can't get AP205Hs, is there a process where the IAP205Hs can be flashed to become 205Hs and connect to our controllers?

------------------------------
    Cathy Fasano

• 2.  RE: Can an IAP 205H be reset so that it can be used with a controller?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2021 12:07 PM
    Yes, under Maintenance -> Convert, you can convert them to 'Campus APs managed by a Mobility Controller'

Here is a video on how to convert Instant to a RAP, there in the convert step, use Campus APs instead of Remote APs.

If you have access to the Instant WebUI already, you can convert them directly. Otherwise, factory reset them to get in the Instant WebUI where it is easiest to first get them all up in one Instant cluster, then convert the full cluster to a controller at once.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.