Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

New AP-505-RW Setup - Configuration denied by Aruba Central management

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  New AP-505-RW Setup - Configuration denied by Aruba Central management

Posted Jan 12, 2022 07:36 PM
    Hello all,

I think I posted the original question in the wrong section. Here it is.

I have two new AP-505-RW that I am trying to set up. When I connect to the AP GUI on my network I get to the password reset but when I try to enter a new password it states: Configuration denied by Aruba Central management. I went through and did the password reset via the CLI. Now on the GUI it is asking for the country code and provides the same error if I try to enter it.

Is there something that I am missing? I feel like I should just be able to connect to these devices out of the box.

Any help is appreciated.

------------------------------
    Mike Page

• 2.  RE: New AP-505-RW Setup - Configuration denied by Aruba Central management

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 13, 2022 01:34 PM
    Have you tried running through this on a VLAN/Subnet that has no internet reachability. Sounds like they may be added to an aruba central account somehow and your local management is not going to work. I would do the following:

1. Set up the AP on a VLAN with no internet access.
    2. Factory reset the AP
    3. Power up the AP on the isolated network and try to configure.

If that seems to work, your APs may be assigned to someone's central account and they are connecting to central once they boot up. Did you purchase these off an existing customer, or through a proper reseller?

Dustin Burns
    Lead Mobility Engineer @WEI

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2021
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: New AP-505-RW Setup - Configuration denied by Aruba Central management

Posted Jan 13, 2022 02:08 PM
    Hello Dustin,

Thank you for your reply. They are from a reputable Canadian vendor that I use frequently for enterprise equipment. However, I am questioning if maybe they were returns and were already associated to an account. I have passed this back to the vendor who will in turn pass it over to their HPE rep to see what they can figure out. If I don't hear anything back shortly I will definitely try your idea.

Thanks for your response.

Mike Page, BBA, BSc

Builtbymike.ca IT Services

Phone: 519-608-6453

• 4.  RE: New AP-505-RW Setup - Configuration denied by Aruba Central management

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2022 07:22 AM
    Hi Mike

Sometimes it happens that orders associated to a specific customer end up in Activate and automatically are assigned to a Central account.

Please log a call with Aruba TAC and show your proof of purchase so that they can fix the issue.