Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP215 no option to switch to old UI

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  AP215 no option to switch to old UI

Posted Dec 02, 2020 05:13 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi all,
    I'm running AP215s with Firmware 8.5.0.3.  Elsewhere on this firmware I'm sure I get the option to switch to the old UI, but on this network there is no option (see pic attached).  Do you know of any other place this switch exists?  For our purposes the old UI is extremely useful for checking client status.  I can try changing firmware again but the network is very much a revenue stream for our business so options for downtime limited.
    Appreciate any help.
    Asp73

------------------------------
    Asp73

• 2.  RE: AP215 no option to switch to old UI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 03, 2020 09:47 AM
    Ok, I tried and found that on an AP-303H the Old UI option is available, on an IAP-215 it isn't.

I know that the amount of flash in the IAP-215 is limited and it can be that the old UI is removed to allow the firmware to fit the flash. Don't know that for sure, but I see the exact same on an IAP-215, which BTW is managed by Central which is another difference between the two APs. If yours is managed locally, my bet would be that the old UI was removed to save space in the IAP-215 firmware.

Maybe others know the details...

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC.