Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP or ArubaOS for VoWLAN

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  IAP or ArubaOS for VoWLAN

Posted Dec 13, 2020 07:59 PM
    Wich is better for vowlan IAP or ArubaOS.
    Customer have problem with roaming and IAP.
    I think RF is better with ArubaOS could you give me some feedback.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Bibian AUMAND

• 2.  RE: IAP or ArubaOS for VoWLAN

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 16, 2020 10:29 AM
    Both with IAP and controller deployments you can deliver well performing VoWLAN networks. Most issues I see with voice-roaming are AP deployment if the phone in some places does not have enough time to find a roaming candidate, AP power, AP channels, or the underlying wired network not liking MAC addresses jumping from port-to-port/switch-to-switch.

Due to the overlay with a controller, you have more 'tolerance' against possible issues in your wired (like missing VLANs on the switch), but either architecture should work fine for voice.

Did you check the Validated Reference Designs? The one on optimizing WLAN for roaming devices might be a good resource.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.