Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Failed upgrade from 8.6.0.9 on a mixed cluster

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Failed upgrade from 8.6.0.9 on a mixed cluster

Posted Aug 11, 2021 03:11 PM

Ran an upgrade but only half the cluster upgraded.  When looking at firmware files, I don't see a Centaurus version, which I assume is why the upgrade is stuck. Those are 215s.

I would like to downgrade existing cluster of 315s to 8.6.0.9 from 8.6.0.10, then can upgrade the whole batch to 8.6.0.11 later or another version down the road. Not sure why it even tried to upgrade the cluster if there was no 8.6.0.10, or if it was pulled after. Or if anyone has the Centaurus files for the 215, I could finished the upgrade.

I have never done a downgrade, but had a similar problem a while back, but support handled most of it for me.

Someone mentioned rebooting the master to backup partition, but would that automatically downgrade all the other 315s?

Alternatively upgrading them all to 8.6.0.11 would work, as well, but it tells me an upgrade is already in progress on the 315, and on the 215s that I need to use the master, which is a 315.

------------------------------
    Shane Farmer

• 2.  RE: Failed upgrade from 8.6.0.9 on a mixed cluster

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 12, 2021 07:38 PM
    if your cluster of IAP-315s is still operational, you can downgrade to 8.6.0.9

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.