Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 minutes ago 

Aruba Instant Wi-Fi: Meet the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set-up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget.
Expand all | Collapse all

Block or Contain Other SSIDs?

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Block or Contain Other SSIDs?

Posted 26 days ago
    Can Aruba controllers be configured to block or contain other SSIDs? On Friday our Remote Site users trying to connect wireless are Associating / Disassociating from our Wireless SSID , they get an IP Address and then a few seconds later Event Viewer states Client Left AP. I had a teammate look for a Rouge APs but now leaning towards a tenant using Aruba Wireless Controller using a setting causing this issue with our wireless connections. I'm not familiar with Aruba so hoping someone could confirm this may be happening if someone could provide a link of the setting so I could forward it over to our property manager who could reach out to offending tenant. Thanks.

------------------------------
    Tim O'Brien

• 2.  RE: Block or Contain Other SSIDs?

Posted 26 days ago
    Yes Aruba instant APs have WIDS/IPS features.

There will be more info in the user guide. check the intrusion detection section.
    https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00105868en_us

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Block or Contain Other SSIDs?

Posted 26 days ago
    The short answer is, yes it can be configured.  The long answer is:  If you are in the United States, I would obtain legal advice about what you can and cannot do with regards to ids/ips:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MID=1112

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.