Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Block or Contain Other SSIDs?

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Block or Contain Other SSIDs?

Posted Sep 23, 2021 10:33 PM
    Can Aruba controllers be configured to block or contain other SSIDs? On Friday our Remote Site users trying to connect wireless are Associating / Disassociating from our Wireless SSID , they get an IP Address and then a few seconds later Event Viewer states Client Left AP. I had a teammate look for a Rouge APs but now leaning towards a tenant using Aruba Wireless Controller using a setting causing this issue with our wireless connections. I'm not familiar with Aruba so hoping someone could confirm this may be happening if someone could provide a link of the setting so I could forward it over to our property manager who could reach out to offending tenant. Thanks.

------------------------------
    Tim O'Brien

• 2.  RE: Block or Contain Other SSIDs?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 24, 2021 07:27 AM
    Yes Aruba instant APs have WIDS/IPS features.

There will be more info in the user guide. check the intrusion detection section.
    https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00105868en_us

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Block or Contain Other SSIDs?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 24, 2021 09:02 AM
    The short answer is, yes it can be configured.  The long answer is:  If you are in the United States, I would obtain legal advice about what you can and cannot do with regards to ids/ips:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MID=1112

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.