Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

SSID via dedicated interface

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  SSID via dedicated interface

Posted Jan 11, 2022 10:15 AM
    Dear Experts, 

Is it possible to bind SSId with a specific port ? example Guest SSID traffic should be sent out via E1 of AP-203 and CORP SSID traffic should be sent via E0?

------------------------------
    owais

• 2.  RE: SSID via dedicated interface

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 11, 2022 10:24 AM
    I believe you can create a separate port profile for that interface, and only allow a single VLAN over it. Then drop your users in the SSID out to that VLAN, and it will have to use the port you set up a port profile on.

Dustin Burns
    Lead Mobility Engineer @WEI

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2021
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: SSID via dedicated interface

Posted Jan 11, 2022 11:04 AM
    Yeah i think it will work as expected

Thanks alot

• 4.  RE: SSID via dedicated interface

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 11, 2022 11:02 AM
    I don't think that is supported. This question came up a few times in the past for Instant, but was not supported at that time. You can, of course, use tagged VLANs and split out the VLANs on your switch. The second (and third, etc) wired ports are designed for downlink or uplink redundancy.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: SSID via dedicated interface

Posted Jan 11, 2022 11:06 AM
    Dear Herman, 

So you mean its still not supported?

owais

• 6.  RE: SSID via dedicated interface

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2022 04:17 AM
    That is my understanding. TAC can probably confirm, or if others can report that it does work I'm more than happy to stand corrected.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.