Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

aruba 515 RW

This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  aruba 515 RW

Posted Nov 29, 2021 02:19 PM
    Hi.All
    I am A newbie.
    My friend as a technician in his office got many aruba AP515 (RW) and I am trying to help him. I want to build VMC and then register it. but I cannot download VMC from Aruba Support Portal
    Arubanetworks remove preview
    Aruba Support Portal
    View this on Arubanetworks >
    , coz it requires login and active contract registration, and I can not have it, because these all login I don not know how to have the account.
    Customer Login: Login to your account using your HPE Passport Email Address & Password.
    Partner Login: Login to your account using your Partner Ready Portal Email Address & Password.
    HPE Employee Login: Login to your account using your HPE Email Address & Computer Password. 
    Please help me to resolv this.
    Thanks.
    Regards. JioHendro

------------------------------
    Hendro Suwignyo

• 2.  RE: aruba 515 RW

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 29, 2021 02:57 PM
    Please contact your local Aruba Partner to generate some VMC trail licences for you. Or you can contact Aruba TAC support to help you.

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own

• 3.  RE: aruba 515 RW

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2021 03:34 AM
    Note that for normal operations with the AP-515 you don't need a VMC. There is a virtual controller build-in to the APs for wireless.

A (V)MC (and licenses) is only needed for controller-based operations, and the (V)MC+licenses are purchased separately. Did your friend purchase a VMC and licenses?

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.