Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Apboot during update

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  Apboot during update

Posted Sep 01, 2021 10:50 AM

Looking to update our environment of controllers and access points, the below is just a simplicity of my question, thanks for any help!

Say that you have a primary controller with ip (Switch IP) 1.1.1.1 a redundant secondary controller with ip (Standby IP) 2.2.2.2.
    We start by moving all access points from 2.2.2.2 to 1.1.1.1 with ap-move all, we then update our standby controller.

When this is done we want to boot / move back and update all access points, we do this with apboot all, does this update and move them back to 2.2.2.2 (the other controller)?

If we use ap-move all do the move / reboot to 2.2.2.2 and update?

Can you use apboot on controller2 on five access points say in group A so they get on controller1 and update -
    and then from controller2 issue apboot ap-group A and only the remaining access points on controller2 will boot and update to controller1 (not the one already updated beforehand, these on controller1 will not reboot), correct - right?

• 2.  RE: Apboot during update

Posted Sep 09, 2021 04:37 AM

I'm going to answer my own question regarding which controller i choses on apboot, it's the controller you have specified under your ap-group and then under ap-system-profile.

Question remains though if it always reboot's when using ap-move or not?

------------------------------
    Grex Free
    ------------------------------