Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Getting started with AP-105

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Getting started with AP-105

Posted Jan 26, 2021 09:53 PM
    Please can help get me started.

I have  acquired a job lot of  18  AP-105 from a small ad.  Some will be used as an AP mesh in my home,  the rest will be used at a heritage  railway where I am the  volunteer IT person.   I would like to produce  AP mesh at our 2 sites to improve out visitor internet access.

I have carried out a purge and factory reset on all the  AP-105s now I need to set them up to a point where I can remotely login to a GUI or via telnet to do an initial config.     

I currently  only have the   apboot> CLI.   

JohnP

------------------------------
    John Parsons

• 2.  RE: Getting started with AP-105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 27, 2021 02:34 AM
    Have a look at the sticker on the back.  If it says IAP then it is an Instant model and can run independently, else it will need a controller.

Michael Clarke (Aruba)

• 3.  RE: Getting started with AP-105

Posted Feb 01, 2021 06:45 PM

Michael,
    Sorry for the delay  I have  1 IAP-105 and  a number of  AP-105s.   The   IAP works  fantastically.

I am now trying to associate some  AP-105s to this,  with the IAP acting as a small controller.   This is my initial test bed.
    The  IAP has a  DNS name of  aruba-master and it appears on my home  network as this.   The  AP during its  boot is doing a DNS broadcast  for aruba-master.Home,  is there  a setting I need to make  for the  IAP to  advertise its .Home  service?

JohnP

John Parsons

• 4.  RE: Getting started with AP-105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 01, 2021 08:27 PM
    You cannot mix AP-105 and IAP-105 in the same deployment. AP-105 needs a physical controller, not the virtual one that's used in an Instant cluster.

Onno Harms