Controllerless Networks

last person joined: an hour ago 

Aruba Instant Wi-Fi: Meet the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set-up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-207 // Instant OS 8.8.0.0 // Error on Ethernet Bridge

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  IAP-207 // Instant OS 8.8.0.0 // Error on Ethernet Bridge

Posted Jun 02, 2021 05:28 PM
    Hi everybody,
    I'm running a setup of 4 IAP 207 access points which form my wireless networks.
    2 of them are Mesh portals and the other 2 are Mesh point that are connected to the portals.
    That setup is running fine and I've recently updated to Instant OS version 8.8.0,0.
    One of the Mesh point APs is being configured to run Ethernet bridging and has a ethernet switch attached to Ethernet0 port on the AP.
    The switch itself hosts additional 4 ethernet devices that should access the network using the Mesh connection. 

This setup was running fine as well until upgrading to the 8.8. version of the OS. 
    I have not changed any settings subsequent to the update but none of the devices attached to the switch can access the network any more. 
    Shutting down the wired network and eanbling it afterwards again does not change anything, while this has been my workaround on former Instant OS version once the client Ethernet bridge of that single AP got stuck.

Could you please help me with this? Is there any trick or hidden setting/command, that I need to run after the OS update which somehoe reinitializes the bridge again?

Additionally: the Ethernet0 interface of the corresponding IAP-207 has been configured to be a Downlink port using the new naming introduced. I've verified this already and also disabled the bridging and reenabled it again. But none of the actions improves the situation, all attached clients for the ethernet brigde remain offline.

Thanks a lot for any advice!

Cheers
    Detlef

------------------------------
    Detlef Proske

• 2.  RE: IAP-207 // Instant OS 8.8.0.0 // Error on Ethernet Bridge

Posted Jun 04, 2021 05:24 AM
    If you don't get an answer here, reach out to your Aruba partner or Aruba Support. They know the commands and can assist in troubleshooting.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.