Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP Mesh

This thread has been viewed 46 times
  • 1.  IAP Mesh

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 08, 2021 07:50 PM
    Does anyone have a real world deployment of IAP mesh with outdoor APs. I'm trying to find a guideline for AP spacing. Lets say I use a couple AP-575s, one acting as a mesh portal, and another as a mesh point. How far away can I place the mesh point with clear line of sight. I keep seeing "don't go over 30-50m" but my own testing with non-outdoor APs have no issue beyond 50m. Need to get at least 100 mbps all said and done. We are planning a deployment to cover baseball/soccer fields, while staying within the 2 hop limit from portal.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

• 2.  RE: IAP Mesh

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 10, 2021 07:05 PM
    when using outdoor IAPs for mesh, bear in mind they will be using outdoor only channels as per the regulatory domain.
    On dual-radio Instant APs, the 2.4 GHz radio is always used for client traffic, while the 5 GHz radio is always used for both mesh-backhaul and client traffic.
    with AP-575s (being omni directional) if you have clear line of sight, for he best throughput on the backhaul, you can easily have them around 200m apart and enable VHT80

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.