Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Disconnect IAP 68 seconds

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Disconnect IAP 68 seconds

Posted Jul 29, 2021 11:53 AM
      |   view attached
    We have some IAP 303 with connection to a device.
    Fixed connections are available on all devices. Network 2.4 and 5 are enabled.
    For some reason, a device disconnect occurs every 68 seconds.
    I am attaching the configuration in case it could help, and I could upload the logs if necessary.
    We have tried different versions of the operating system and it fails in all of them.
    we have tried another AP of another brand, and the disconnection does not occur.

Thx

------------------------------
    pedro llorente

Attachment(s)

txt
    backup.txt   2 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Disconnect IAP 68 seconds

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 30, 2021 04:57 AM
    Config looks good to me, though it seems you only have 1 AP, not 'a bunch'. Have not seen that 68 seconds before and it seems quite specific.

You did not mention the firmware version. Have you considered updating your firmware? Newer versions can be found here.

Would do that first and see if the issue may be gone with newer firmware.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Disconnect IAP 68 seconds

Posted Jul 30, 2021 06:31 AM
    Hello.

The IAPs go as stand alone, in total we spend more than 400 IAPs per year.
    The disconnection, indeed, usually takes about 68 seconds or so. We have also tested other versions 8.7 that we downloaded to test. the error is always the same
    "Reason code 3": deathenticated because sending STA is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS
    However, if we only use the 5G network, this failure does not occur. By not making multiple requests to the 2.4.

Thx

pedro llorente

• 4.  RE: Disconnect IAP 68 seconds

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 02, 2021 04:24 AM
    The message indicates that the client either disconnected or roamed to another AP (in which case it disconnects as well). If the issue does not happen at 5GHz only networks (and I would think not at 2.4GHz only networks either), it could be related to band-steering/client match, and I'm not sure how that will work in standalone AP networks (not even know if it is supported).

Some clients will disable the SSID if it is steered/disconnected many times in a certain interval, which may be what you are seeing if all APs will on their own decide to band-steer the clients. Disabling Client Match may help, but more importantly, you should try to find out if (and why) clients are connecting to the 2.4GHz radio if there is 5GHz available. Most times that is because to power is set too high on the 2.4GHz radio, and reducing that to 6 dB below the power of the 5GHz radio may help to prevent that from happening. If you haven't yet, taking a look at your coverage/signal strength across the site may also reveal coverage holes or too much overlap.

Do you have all APs sending syslog to a single syslog server? Having time-synchronized logs may help to understand what is happening.

I would suggest that you involve your Aruba partner, or Aruba support if you work for a partner and have a check done on the coverage, heatmap, power levels, and other settings in your APs.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.