Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Replacing an IAP 207 and having trouble

This thread has been viewed 44 times
  • 1.  Replacing an IAP 207 and having trouble

Posted Feb 11, 2021 12:57 PM
    Hello,

I had one of our AP's die after a power surge and I bought a replacement and I am having trouble getting it to join the VC. I have followed the steps and the + button under Configuration\Access Points is greyed out. I read online that this is because the firmware is not the same. I went ahead and installed the same firmware that the other ones have and it is still not showing up. I have assigned the IP statically and in the same range as the rest of them. When it is on my normal staff network the SetMeUp Wireless network shows up. When I plug it into a port that is on the Wifi VLAN like the rest of the devices it never shows up. Any advice on how to get this working?

Thanks,
    Drew

------------------------------
    Drew Kenton

• 2.  RE: Replacing an IAP 207 and having trouble

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 11, 2021 01:35 PM
    Do you have Auto-Join enabled? If not you will have to manually add the AP on the VC. See Auto-Join setting below:

Dustin Burns

• 3.  RE: Replacing an IAP 207 and having trouble

Posted Feb 11, 2021 02:58 PM
    Yes, auto-join is enabled on the new AP and on the master. I wish it would let me manually add it.. The plus button is greyed out.

Drew Kenton

• 4.  RE: Replacing an IAP 207 and having trouble

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 11, 2021 05:15 PM
    Does your Wifi LAN have DHCP? If not try factory resetting the AP, and assign the static IP with this method: https://community.arubanetworks.com/browse/articles/blogviewer?blogkey=5981ce86-e40d-4611-8da9-263e8bd9b9e5

You don't want the AP getting to a point where it thinks its is own VC, and a separate cluster. Assign the IP before boot, and let it discover the VC and join.

Dustin Burns

• 5.  RE: Replacing an IAP 207 and having trouble

Posted Feb 12, 2021 09:30 AM
    I edited the configuration of the main cluster and added allow AP MAC table to have the new one and rebooted everything and no dice.

I also set the IP manually in the GUI for the new one and rebooted and it is still just doing its own thing. I tried to put on the config from the other one as well with no luck.

It sounds like I need to reset it and assign an IP before boot, but I am having problems consoling into it with the aruba console cable and putty.

Drew Kenton

• 6.  RE: Replacing an IAP 207 and having trouble

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 12, 2021 11:30 AM
    Yea that would be the way to go in order to start narrowing down the issue here. Let us know how you make out.

Dustin Burns

• 7.  RE: Replacing an IAP 207 and having trouble

Posted Feb 12, 2021 11:56 AM
    Can't console into it. The SetMeUp network is not showing up anymore. Just trying to get into it to pull the Tech Support Logs for Aruba.

Drew Kenton

• 8.  RE: Replacing an IAP 207 and having trouble

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 12, 2021 12:01 PM
    What do you see on your console output? Does anything come across it at all? Are you using the right COM port for putty. You can check what your adapter is using with Windows device manager:

Dustin Burns

• 9.  RE: Replacing an IAP 207 and having trouble

Posted Feb 12, 2021 12:40 PM
    I am on Putty on serial and I hit open and nothing happens. I have also looked at device manager and tried all the com ports listed. I have tried a usb serial adapter and just the serial port on my pc.

Drew Kenton