Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

ACLs, IAPS, And Central

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  ACLs, IAPS, And Central

Posted Jan 19, 2022 01:28 PM
    All

I am working with a client to move everything they have from a legacy 3200 controller onto IAPs.  We will need to convert their existing 225 CAPS back to IAPs (they were originally IAPs so this is technically possible, but a challenge due to the 3200 controller).  My question is around ACLs once the configuration is on the IAPs

On the controllers you can create an ACL and then apply it to multiple user roles.  For example I can create an ACL called "allow internal", set up rules to allow where I want to allow users, and then apply the ACL to the user role the users get.  There may e 15 or so user roles that get this same ACL.  Setting up the config in Central, it appears as if for all of those 15 user roles, I have to recreate the ACL rules every time.  Is that correct or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Jeff

------------------------------
    Jeffrey Johnston

• 2.  RE: ACLs, IAPS, And Central

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 19, 2022 01:39 PM
    Yes for IAP and Central Managed, you have to create the ACLs in each user role separately. There is no referencing ACLs to roles unfortunately.

Dustin Burns
    Lead Mobility Engineer @WEI

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: ACLs, IAPS, And Central

Posted Jan 19, 2022 01:52 PM
    Damn!  That's the answer I was excpecting but not the one I was hoping for.   Guess I better limber up my typing fingers LOL.  Thanks for the reply

Jeffrey Johnston