Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Syslog Level for reboot cause ?

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Syslog Level for reboot cause ?

Posted Jul 02, 2021 07:29 AM
    Hi 
    I want to get a syslog message if one of my AP´s reboots, actually i thought that Syslog-level  WARN is enough but that's not the case.
    If i login to the AP I can see the reboot cause like this

AP1234567# show version | inc uptime|boot
    AP uptime is 3 hours 49 minutes 54 seconds
    Reboot Time and Cause: Reboot caused by kernel panic: aruba bin debug dev etc lib mnt proc sbin sys tmp usr var TARGET ASSERT DUE TO SAME PC AS PREVIOUS FW ASSERT WITH RECOVERY aruba bin debug dev etc lib mnt proc sbin sys tmp usr var

AP1234567# show ap debug system-status | inc eboot
    Reboot Information
    Reboot caused by kernel panic: aruba bin debug dev etc lib mnt proc sbin sys tmp usr var TARGET ASSERT DUE TO SAME PC AS PREVIOUS FW ASSERT WITH RECOVERY aruba bin debug dev etc lib mnt proc sbin sys tmp usr var
    Rebootstrap Information
    Rebootstrap LMS
    AP1234567#

But i want to have this informations somewhere on my Syslog Servers but i don't get a syslog message from the AP´s 
    Maybe someone know what's to do to get this info via syslog ?
    btw. syslog-level NOTICE on system did not help either .

bye Markus

------------------------------
    Markus Amann

• 2.  RE: Syslog Level for reboot cause ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 03, 2021 08:01 PM
    you can check the syslog message reference guide, perhaps it is mentioned there.
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_87_WebHelp/Content/view-pdfs-instant.htm

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Syslog Level for reboot cause ?

Posted Jul 07, 2021 07:24 AM
    Hi 
    yes, i know that reboot cause is syslog level warning as showed in the excel sheet you mentioned , but der AP will not send the "reboot cause" to the syslog Server.  
    One reason could be that he crashed by kernel panic , but that's no excuse for the AP he could sill send the syslog message afterwards he comes back up and running :-)
    btw. same behavior with the latest 8.8.0.1 release

Markus Amann