Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Questions about adding a another WIFI network to existing APs

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  Questions about adding a another WIFI network to existing APs

Posted Oct 01, 2021 04:31 PM
    Hello all,

I have a few questions about adding another WIFI network to our  access points. Currently the 2 existing networks (corporate and guest) both are "Virtual Controller Managed" for Client IP assignment, and so the IPs are handed out by the APs. My questions are:

1) Can I add a 3rd WIFI network with Client IP assignment managed by "Network Assigned"? Can I mix "Virtual Controller Managed" networks with "Network Assigned" these AP's?

2) What is the best practice or suggestions for adding this 3rd network?

Thank you,
    Brian

------------------------------
    Brian Sawyer

• 2.  RE: Questions about adding a another WIFI network to existing APs
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 01, 2021 06:48 PM
    1.  Yes.
    2.  No real best practice.  Any clients that you assign to "network assigned" and "default" vlan will be bridged to the Instant AP's VLAN, so there should be a DHCP server on that VLAN to assign ip addresses to clients.  This will also allow users on the network to be able to ping and reach clients by their ip address (VC-assigned this is not possible).

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 3.  RE: Questions about adding a another WIFI network to existing APs

Posted Oct 05, 2021 04:37 PM

Thank you cjoseph. I appreciate your input. Good to know 

Sincerely,
    Brian

Brian Sawyer