Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Instant - Sonos speaker dissapearing

This thread has been viewed 62 times
  • 1.  Aruba Instant - Sonos speaker dissapearing

Posted Oct 02, 2021 07:24 AM
    Hi,

I got the issue that one of the Sonos speakers is dissapearing. I enabled Airgroup with the special Sonos parameters.
    What I noticed is that the Airgroup mode is in distributed mode. I'm guessing that centralized mode will help?
    How can I change this.

Kind regards,

------------------------------
    Thomas Willems

• 2.  RE: Aruba Instant - Sonos speaker dissapearing

Posted Oct 04, 2021 11:15 AM
    Nobody with an answer?

Thomas Willems

• 3.  RE: Aruba Instant - Sonos speaker dissapearing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 04, 2021 09:32 PM
    with Aruba instant the Airgroup mode is always distributed.
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_87_WebHelp/Content/instant-ug/services/airgroup/conf-airgroup.htm

try setting "Broadcast filtering" to disable under your WLAN configuration and see if that helps.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 4.  RE: Aruba Instant - Sonos speaker dissapearing

Posted Oct 05, 2021 02:33 AM
    Hi,

Ok, broadcast supression is already disabled on my WLAN. I also did disable Dynamic Multicast.

Kind regards,

Thomas Willems

• 5.  RE: Aruba Instant - Sonos speaker dissapearing

Posted Oct 05, 2021 04:37 AM
    Hello!

Pretty sure I had to disable all AirGroup at a customer (hotel) to get Sonos working correctly so that could be something for you unless you need that functionality? At home I only have a single Ikea Sonos speaker which insists on connecting with 2.4GHz on lowest speed for som reason, but here too I have AirGroup disabled to get it working.

John-Egil Solberg |
    ACMX | ACCX

• 6.  RE: Aruba Instant - Sonos speaker dissapearing

Posted Oct 05, 2021 06:03 AM
    Hi,

I can try that, but I got 5 Sonos speakers who are on another VLAN.

Kind regards,

Thomas Willems

• 7.  RE: Aruba Instant - Sonos speaker dissapearing

Posted Oct 05, 2021 06:11 AM
    Tried disabling Airgroup but immediatly all my Sonos speakers dissapeared.

Thomas Willems

• 8.  RE: Aruba Instant - Sonos speaker dissapearing

Posted Oct 05, 2021 06:14 AM

Ok, then that's not the solution for you ��

• 9.  RE: Aruba Instant - Sonos speaker dissapearing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 05, 2021 06:29 AM
    Hi, are the client and Sonos on the same VLAN? I have this issue here as well. 5 Sonos speakers but if I connect to a different VLAN they will not appear. This started with the latest Sonos update (10.3 13.3 is the correct version). Still have not found an answer, but I think that Sonos has added something which is not recognized by AirGroup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Florian Baaske
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.
    Also visit the AirHeads Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFJCnuXFGfEbwEzfcgU_ERQ
    Feel free to visit my personal Blog
    https://www.flomain.de

• 10.  RE: Aruba Instant - Sonos speaker dissapearing

Posted Oct 05, 2021 07:14 AM
    Hi,

They are in a different VLAN. It indeed always worked.
    I will listen with Sonos what has changed.

Kind regards,

Thomas Willems

• 11.  RE: Aruba Instant - Sonos speaker dissapearing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 05, 2021 09:06 AM
    if you get an answer, please share it here as well. would be great to know, what has changed.

Florian Baaske
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.
    Also visit the AirHeads Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFJCnuXFGfEbwEzfcgU_ERQ
    Feel free to visit my personal Blog
    https://www.flomain.de

• 12.  RE: Aruba Instant - Sonos speaker dissapearing

Posted Oct 08, 2021 04:53 AM
    Hi,

Got the message from Sonos that putting the speakers in another VLAN is not supported...
    They didn't want to troubleshoot any futher.

Kind regards,

Thomas Willems

• 13.  RE: Aruba Instant - Sonos speaker dissapearing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 18, 2021 08:26 AM
    If you have the equipment, you could try to work with Aruba Support. Airgroup needs to actively query services, and for the previous versions, those services had to be added to the Airgroup configuration (like in this post). The update of Sonos may have moved to different services which have to be changed as well. Getting a network capture in a single VLAN when it works is a good start to find the right services...

From a Sonos perspective, I can understand that they don't support cross-vlan, but they never had. And it is consumer equipment, where you don't have multiple VLANs by default.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 14.  RE: Aruba Instant - Sonos speaker dissapearing

Posted Oct 06, 2021 10:41 AM
    Hi Thomas,

Did had some issues with some Sonos speakers when disabling lower datarates.. didn't look into it.. guesing mDNS wanting to go over some low datarates?

Greetings,

Joël Stouwdam

Joel Stouwdam