Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Force IAP 305 to get new IP address

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Force IAP 305 to get new IP address

Posted Dec 13, 2021 04:53 PM
    I recently changed over from Comware switches to Aruba 2930 switches for our IDF's connected back to the Aruba 8320 core. We have DHCP setup in the core for our Aruba 305 IAP's. After the change, all of the IAP's received an IP address except for one. It is trying to use the same IP address as another IAP. How do I force it to go out and check for a new IP address when it will not grab one at all? 

Or can I force the conflicting one to grab a new IP? That one is currently on the network.

They are managed by Airwave, and I tried to set a static IP in Airwave for the conflicting IAP, but Airwave will not apply the config to that IAP.

------------------------------
    Elise Herrera

• 2.  RE: Force IAP 305 to get new IP address

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 15, 2021 03:02 AM
    generally if you reboot the AP it will go through and request a DHCP IP address, it is up to the DHCP server to provide that IP address.  so perhaps you want to check the DHCP server's binding table for that MAC address and clear it.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.