Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP firmware files behind paywall ?

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  IAP firmware files behind paywall ?

Posted Oct 13, 2021 08:38 PM
    So I have been trying to get access to IAP firmware files... I cannot...

Contacting support the first thing they did was try and soak me for a support contract.. Uhhh, I need the lifetime free firmware files please. Like legally. Your site is broken.

How I miss Aruba...

HPE's web site is broken.. HPE / Aruba complete web site fail

Supposedly this will get fixed... But I had this same issue 6 months ago and they never did and I gave up... HOWEVER I MUST UPDATE MY CLIENTS... So they MUST provide me with access to the files legally required in the warranty.

------------------------------
    chris stephens

• 2.  RE: IAP firmware files behind paywall ?

Posted Oct 13, 2021 08:39 PM
    Support ticket 5359291988  which is still open right now ( 10/13/21 )

chris stephens

• 3.  RE: IAP firmware files behind paywall ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 13, 2021 09:07 PM
    you can download any Aruba Instant firmware form here and does not require any contracts.
    https://asp.arubanetworks.com/downloads;pageSize=100;search=factory;fileTypes=SOFTWARE;products=Aruba%20Access%20Points;productSeries=Aruba%20103%20Series%20Campus%20Access%20Points

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 4.  RE: IAP firmware files behind paywall ?

Posted Oct 13, 2021 11:20 PM
    ONLY if you login.. Which i cannot do. Because there is something wrong with HPE.

chris stephens

• 5.  RE: IAP firmware files behind paywall ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 14, 2021 03:25 AM
    Chris, relax... I understand your frustration as it may be not as clear, and most people here have ASP accounts that can download all firmware. The previous answers were not fully adequate. You CAN download the lifetime warranty firmware without a login. In order to do that, search for 'factory image' on ASP: https://asp.arubanetworks.com/downloads;search=factory;products=Aruba%20Access%20Points

Once you downloaded, and installed the factory image, you can use the in-product update to get to the latest version of stable firmware. The lifetime warranty does provide access to 'stable' firmware. For access to any firmware, an active support contract is needed.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.