Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba iap-224 rw firmware requests

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  Aruba iap-224 rw firmware requests

Posted Nov 23, 2021 10:13 AM
    Hello all,
    I bought a second hand iap 224 ap but it seems it is campus firmware installed., i want to convert it to the instant. Can you send me IAP-224 RW instant firmware?

------------------------------
    Ali Sureyya Uz

• 2.  RE: Aruba iap-224 rw firmware requests

Posted Nov 23, 2021 11:00 AM
    You need to confirm whether you purchased ap-224 or iap-224

eddy zhou
    whhcit.com
    Weihai . SD . China
    +86 13061120222

• 3.  RE: Aruba iap-224 rw firmware requests

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 23, 2021 02:18 PM
    Software images can be downloaded from the Aruba Support Portal, https://asp.arubanetworks.com/downloads
    However, an AP-224 (AOS code, controller based) cannot be converted to an IAP-224 (Instant code, controller-less).

Onno Harms

• 4.  RE: Aruba iap-224 rw firmware requests

Posted Nov 24, 2021 12:49 AM
    I cannot download from   https://asp.arubanetworks.com/downloads .  It warn me "Unable to download file. There was an issue initiating your download (failed to get link). Please try again or contact support if retrying does not work."

Ali Sureyya Uz

• 5.  RE: Aruba iap-224 rw firmware requests

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 24, 2021 06:38 AM
    Check these downloads in case you don't have an active support contract. After you installed that, you can use the in-product update to get to a newer Instant firmware.

If these APs are IAPs converted to campus mode, use the factory reset procedure (push the hidden button under the push-hole while powering on the AP) to get back to Instant mode. As mentioned, this only works for IAP models, not for AP models. After the factory reset, you should get access to the web-ui (through the wireless SSID 'instant' or 'SetMeUp-xx:xx:xx', or the wired port if you know the IP address), and upgrade to a more recent firmware. If you have done that for the first APs (leave the other APs disconnected), the other APs after the factory reset should take the new firmware when you add them to the same network.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.