Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-515 some WAPs have solid red power LED

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  AP-515 some WAPs have solid red power LED

Posted Nov 02, 2021 12:00 PM
    Users have mentioned that at certain times of the day they are likely to get kicked off - visually inspecting the WAPs surrounding the area - the WAPs have solid red power LED.  I rebooted one - and post reboot the solid red power LED remains.  They seem to function and nothing jumps out in the web admin but  would like to know what is causing the red light?  The docs suggest that the red light indicates:  System error condition - Immediate attention required?  Nothing is jumping out in the tech-support output either.  

------------------------------
    Adam Lavelle

• 2.  RE: AP-515 some WAPs have solid red power LED

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 02, 2021 06:19 PM
    If the power LED is red or may be bright orange, then it means that AP-515 is not getting adequate PoE.
    ensure you have enabled LLDP on your switches that the APs are connected to.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: AP-515 some WAPs have solid red power LED

Posted Nov 02, 2021 06:49 PM
    They are definitely red - not amber.  What is the best way to verify the condition from the dashboard or tech-support or similar?

Adam Lavelle

• 4.  RE: AP-515 some WAPs have solid red power LED

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 02, 2021 06:58 PM
    I think it is not getting 802.3at PoE. check your switches to see if they are supplying 802.3at poe.
    you can SSH to the AP in question and run this command.

show ap debug system-status | begin "Power Status"

There will be a lot of outut but at the start you'll see the power info.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.