Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgrading Aruba Mobility Controller HA (standalone mode)

This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  Upgrading Aruba Mobility Controller HA (standalone mode)

Posted Jan 10, 2022 01:16 PM
    Dear All,
    We have two Aruba 7210 Mobility Controllers (standalone mode). They are in Active/Standby HA. I want to upgrade them from 6.5.1.4 code to the 8.3. How can I perform this without affecting the users? 

Any upgrade document from Aruba for the above scenario is highly appreciated. 

Thank You

------------------------------
    Abdul Rasheed

• 2.  RE: Upgrading Aruba Mobility Controller HA (standalone mode)

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 10, 2022 01:27 PM
    Are you going to be using a Mobility Conductor (virtual or physical) to manage your controllers?

If so:
    Stand up your Mobility Conductor, and migrate all of your configuration and licenses to it. Once you have it ready to go, I would suggest upgrading only the standby controller first and  adding it to the mobility conductor. This way you may test, and move APs over by group. If this is successful, then upgrade the current active and join it to the mobility conductor.

If not:
    You would want to upgrade your standby controllers first and migrate all of your configuration and licenses over. Upgrading to AOSv8 will wipe the current configuration. Any configuration in your network (controller discovery, LMS IPs for APs etc..) should not include the IP of the controller you are upgrading until you are ready to cut APs over.

Dustin Burns
    Lead Mobility Engineer @WEI

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2021
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: Upgrading Aruba Mobility Controller HA (standalone mode)

Posted Feb 23, 2022 05:00 AM
    Dear Community.

A have same situation: two standalone controllers (Active/Standby) on AOS 6.5 are migrating to AOS 8.9. Licenses transferred well with new initial configuration. 

But I'm afraid about HA ( configuration and license reservation between controllers) because this point missed from User Guide  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS-8.x-Books/89/ArubaOS-8.9.0.0-User-Guide.pdf

Does this option is present in AOS 8.9 without Mobility Conductor? 

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Pavlo Semenenko